For a number of years the CJCC has supported the Tomorrows Children’s Fund.
“The Tomorrows Children’s Fund was founded by a group of committed parents to help their children and others like them with cancer and serious blood disorders. With the help of friends like you, today, TCF provides a warm, healthy and loving environment for children in treatment; a full scope of services to relieve families’ emotional and financial stress; the very best possible medical care; and funding for research on these diseases. All of which confirms our belief that through hope, hard work and heartfelt generosity, extraordinary things are possible.” (from TCF’s web site)
Background of CJCC involvement:
When the daughter of one of our member’s friends was in the hospital at Christmas time another friend of his wanted to do something to lift the spirits of the kids. He spent his own money on gifts and brought them to the Hackensack Medical Center and gave them out dressed as Santa. Others including our Club member volunteered to be his elves. Over the years it expanded. Our member brought back the TCF message to our Club. TCF maintains a toy bank for Christmas and all year and donations are gratefully received.
Our main areas of support to TCF are:
- To invite the TCF representative to one of our Club meetings to inform the members of this amazing organization
- To provide a number of links on our web site to TCF
- To dedicate our Rich Shanahan Memorial Car Show at the Somerville Courthouse to benefit TCF. Members contribute by paying for their parking spots at the show and we invite the TCF representative to attend and display TCF's materials
- To remind members to submit their contributions to their company’s Matching Gift Programs, if available
- To participate in visiting TCF and touring their facilities
- To donate food items to TCF's Thanksgiving food pantry at our Fall Club meetings and
- To donate toys and other gifts to the TCF at our December Holiday Party
- An event begun in 2016 is a "Dine to Donate" event at Houlihan's Restaurant in Somerville. When our members and friends participate, a percentage of our checks totals go to the TCF.
We look forward to continuing our support for this great organization and wish all involved success, health and recovery.
On Friday, October 20, 2017, CJCC presented our check representing 2017 member donations to TCF in the amount of $5,000. The presentation was made by President Rich B., Bill C., Acting VP Bruce C. and Treasurer Jay S. to Sue Garbe, Administrative Director of TCF. This is a record amount for CJCC.
We thank Club member John G. for arranging for the large check to represent all of our donations. Click on photo for more.
Somerville American Legion Post
At our February 25, 2019 Club meeting CJCC's President, Chris V. and Treasurer Ray M. presented a donation check on behalf of the Club to the officers of the Somerville American Legion Post.
At our February 21, 2018 Club meeting CJCC's President, Rich B. presented a donation check on behalf of the Club to the officers of the Somerville American Legion Post.
STS Tire - Special Olympics
In 2014, we supported our then Club Sponsor, STS Tire, by participating in their car show to benefit the Special Olympics. We had upwards of 30 members bring their Corvettes to the show and participate. See Photo Album.
Early Club Involvement
CJCC's early charitable activity less than 1 year after Club's founding. Participation in the "Corvettes Conquer Cancer Tour" at Somerville, NJ and how our members raised funds for this charity.