For a number of years the CJCC has supported the Tomorrows Children’s Fund.
“The Tomorrows Children’s Fund was founded by a group of committed parents to help their children and others like them with cancer and serious blood disorders. With the help of friends like you, today, TCF provides a warm, healthy and loving environment for children in treatment; a full scope of services to relieve families’ emotional and financial stress; the very best possible medical care; and funding for research on these diseases. All of which confirms our belief that through hope, hard work and heartfelt generosity, extraordinary things are possible.” (from TCF’s web site)
Background of CJCC involvement:
When the daughter of one of our member’s friends was in the hospital at Christmas time another friend of his wanted to do something to lift the spirits of the kids. He spent his own money on gifts and brought them to the Hackensack Medical Center and gave them out dressed as Santa. Others including our Club member volunteered to be his elves. Over the years it expanded. Our member brought back the TCF message to our Club. TCF maintains a toy bank for Christmas and all year and donations are gratefully received.
Our main areas of support to TCF are:
- To invite the TCF spokesperson to one of our Club meetings to inform the members of this amazing organization
- To provide a number of links on our web site to TCF
- To dedicate our Rich Shanahan Memorial Car Show at the Somerville Courthouse to benefit TCF where members contribute by paying for their parking spots at the show and invite the TCF spokesperson to attend and display TCF's materials
- To remind members to submit their contributions to their company’s Matching Gift Programs, if available
- To participate in visiting TCF and touring their facilities
- To donate to the TCF food pantry at our Fall meetings and
- To donate toys and other gifts to the TCF at our December Holiday Party
- A new event for 2016 was a "Dine to Donate" event at Houlihan's Restaurant in Somerville. Some 45 of our members and friends participated where 15% of our checks went to the TCF.
We look forward to continuing our support for this great organization and wish all involved success, health and recovery.
In 2014, we supported our then Club Sponsor, STS Tire, by participating in their car show to benefit the Special Olympics. We had upwards of 30 members bring their Corvettes to the show and participate. See Photo Album.
CJCC's early charitable activity less than 1 year after Club's founding. Participation in the "Corvettes Conquer Cancer Tour" at Somerville, NJ and how our members raised funds for this charity.