CJCC Covered Bridge Tour
Saturday, October 17, 2015
Event Leader - Mike W.
October 14, 2015
Greetings Fellow CJCC Members,
We are only 3 days away from this exciting event. I hope you are as
excited as I am! I drove the entire route on Sunday and I can tell you
that you are going to really love it! In particular, Lehnenburg Rd
along the second half of our tour is a real treat. This freshly paved
road is 3.76 miles long of continual elevation changes and numerous
twisties........not to mention the picturesque views! There are a
couple of changes and additional information that you need to know:
1. Due to the weather forecast of a cooler morning start, we have
shifted the meeting time at Washington Crossing State Park by 1 hour to
9:00AM. (see attached Itinerary). The park is on the PA side on Rt 32 -
entrance at the flagpole monument.
2. Due to the 1 hour delay in the start time, we will now be having
lunch at Van Sant Airport. It is strongly recommended that you pack a
lunch since last year the grill at Van Sant could not handle the influx
from our group. We will only be staying 1 hour at the airport to keep
us on schedule.
3. We will have 4 group leaders with about 10-11 cars per group. Jon
Kay will be at the park early to organize the cars into each group as
they enter the parking lot. The Cobras will be in the first 2 groups
followed by the Corvettes and other sports cars in the last 2 groups.
John Kay will lead Group #1, Rich Gelinas - Group #2, Mike Woskey -
Group #3 and Eric Miller - Group #4.
4. I have attached written directions for both legs of the tour. It is
strongly recommended that you print these out and bring them with you!
Even though we have divided the cars into 4 groups, we want to make sure
that nobody gets lost and really enjoys the day. There is only 1
traffic light on the entire tour in the first leg where Aquetong Rd
crosses Rt. 202. Other than that all intersections are mostly 4-way
5. For those of you who would like to caravan with me to Washington Crossing Park, we will meet at Jakes Restaurant at 253 US 202/31 South in Flemington (about 3/4 mile south of the circle) at 8:15AM with Tail Light at 8:30AM. Don't forget your radios.
See you all on Saturday,
2015 Covered Bridge Tour Itinerary (revi[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [195.0 KB]
2015 Covered Br Tour Directions Leg 1.pd[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [292.6 KB]
2015 Covered Br Tour Directions Leg 2.pd[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [296.9 KB]